State Government rebates and concessions

Rates concessions are available to individuals who have an eligible pension or seniors card.

Eligible pensioners/seniors who wish to avail themselves of the Government's rate rebate scheme must apply to do so within 35 days from the issue of the rates notice and must pay the balance of the rates within the particular year of which the rates were levied. Pensioners who do not wish to take advantage of the rebate may still continue to defer their rates as has applied previously.

Pensioner and senior State Government rebates

State Government rebates are processed through the Water Corporation and in order to be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:

  • You must be an owner and occupier of a rateable property at 1 July or earlier
  • If you’re a pensioner, you must hold a current Pensioner Concession Card or State Concession Card
  • Hold both a WA Senior’s Card (issued by the Department of Communities’ WA Senior’s Card Centre) and a Commonwealth Senior’s Health Card
  • If you only hold a WA Senior’s Card (issued by the Department of Communities’ WA Senior’s Card Centre), you are entitled to a small rebate.

Please note, unemployment benefits and health care cards do not qualify for a concession.

Concessions apply to the rates and Emergency Services Levy only - all other charges such as waste  and pool charges are exempt from a concession.

Applying for a pensioner or seniors concession

To apply for a concession, please visit the Water Corporation website or call 1300 659 951.