Building Licenses

A building permit is required for all buildings erected in Westonia prior to any work commencing. A building includes dwellings, patios, sheds, pools and pergolas.

People wishing to apply for a building permit will need to call in to the Shire of Westonia's offices to collect a yellow building permit application envelope in which to submit their building permit application.  They can also collect an uncertified or certified building permit application form from the shire's offices.  People submitting either a certified or uncertified building application form will also need to submit two copies of their plans for the construction work they wish to undertake.  A building permit fee will also be advised by Manager of Development Services John Mitchell and this amount is then payable to the Shire of Westonia directly.

Uncertified and certified building permit application forms are available by clicking on the links below. A Certified Building Permit Application form should only be used where your builder is able to provide a certificate of building design compliance that is signed by a registered building surveyor. Most people seeking a building permit will need to use the Uncertified Building Permit Application form.

Uncertified Building Permit Application Form

Certified Building Permit Application Form

The Shire of Westonia shares the services of both a building and planning officer and an environmental health officer with the Shire of Merredin. These officers are available for site visits at any time by prior arrangement.

For further information contact John Mitchell, Executive Manager of Development Services or Rebecca Bowler, Environmental Health Officer at the Shire of Merredin on (08) 9041 1611.