Westonia's War Memorial Room

The War memorial room can be found inside the Old Miners Hall (Miners and Mechanics Institute) on Wolfram Street. This building was built in 1914 & fully restored between 2007 – 2009. The war memorial room was added and completed in 2008, to hold the WWI Roll of Honour (right) and WWII Roll of honour board (left). The interior of the hall and memorial room was finished in time for the, 90th Anniversary of the Battle of Villers-Bretonneux on the 25th April 2008. A day of remembrance  was held in Westonia that ANZAC DAY including a march with army cadets, Anzac Service, Centurion Mobile Battle Tank No91 and the unveiling of the WWII roll of honour Board. This room is often open on ANZAC and Remembrance Days and can be open on request by Museum Volunteers and Shire Administration staff.

For more information on Westonia's War Memorial visit the Outback Family History Website by Clicking Here .